DNA contaminations in PCR work-areas can dramatically alter the PCR outcome resulting in false positive results and data misinterpretation. Originating from aerosols, contaminant DNA can be very resistant to elimination treatment and is a frequent cause of cross-contaminations between samples.
- PCR Clean™ Wipes are ready-to-use wet wipes for the elimination of DNA from a variety of surfaces and are particularly suitable for decontamination of PCR workstations, electrical devices, pipetting equipment.
- This product represents a great alternative to standard, inefficient cleaning methods (e.g. with sponges or paper towels), which might help spread contaminations rather than prevent them.
- DNA and RNA are effectively removed from the contaminated surface within seconds after use.
- The wipes are pre-soaked with a solution contains surfactants and a non-alkaline and non-carcinogenic agent.
Applicable in research and industry, only. Not recommended for clinical applications. Use as directed. PCR Clean™ Wipes can be used on glass, ceramic, plastic, rubber, steel, and precious metal. Cleaning of light (e.g. aluminum) or non-ferrous metals with PCR Clean™ Wipes is not recommended. Always test a small area first to make sure the product does not cause damage or discoloration (e.g. on sensitive materials).
Single use wipes in a dispenser box or refill sachet.
- Cat. No. 15-2001 50 wipes in a dispenser box
- Cat. No. 15-2002 5 x 50 refill sachets
Required Consumables and Lab Devices
Shelf Life and Storage
When stored at room temperature, the product is stable until the expiry date indicated on the label.